10/29/2018 0 Comments
The Struggle to Write
So you finished decorating your Writer's Notebook and you are super excited about the journey ahead. You are ready to write and proclaim to the world that your pen is your weapon of choice. Ten days later... and your pages are still empty. OMG! What should you do? Come out to the second Me, Myself & I Writing Workshop and let Deepassionate1 direct you. During this session, you will participate in a variety of entry types that will have you writing daily in your WNB. This is a workshop that you definitely don't want to miss. Bring your WNB and come out and write with Deepassionate1.
Please note that if you didn't attend the first workshop, Deepassionate1 will provide you with a notebook for this session.
10/26/2018 0 Comments
A needed word!
This week I found myself back in the trenches with my emotions, wrestling with my dreams and my current reality. My process and progress were battling out for the victory belt and there still isn't any winners. I prayed about it, but I didn't cry this time. Maybe that means I'm stronger, maybe it means that my eyes are tired of crying. Whichever one it is, I am at a place of acceptance, still rejecting complacency because I know that I am not at my resting place yet. I must keep preparing for when my appointed time shows up, I will be ready to move swiftly into my promised land. Many promises have been made to me, but there is one that I am truly holding on to, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." What God has for me is for me and when my flesh gets restless I have to remind myself of this truth. And as if that wasn't enough God woke me up with the following word for my heart.
"My daughter it is time to reframe your life. You must acknowledge that there is a difference between vessels and fixtures. Some people will enter your life, they will bring you exactly what is needed for that moment and then they will leave. Those are my vessels and even though it might hurt when they leave, you should not try to hold on to them. Next, you will have some people who enter into your life and seem to transition from one level to another with you. Those are your life fixtures, I placed them into your life to support and strengthen you throughout your journey. Vessels and Fixtures are both tools that I use to bless and keep you. One more thing my child, I want you to know that you are not exempt from life's trials and tribulations, they will come to test you, but you will not be destroyed by them. I have an expected end for you and it is victorious." - Abba
10/22/2018 0 Comments
A Time To Rest...
He said, "Come away by yourself to a secluded place and rest for a while." Mark 6:31
Sometimes our search for our best can leave us neglecting our need for rest.
Lately, I've been feeling so exhausted by my high that I find myself feeling low.
Looking for some energy just to get the necessities done without coming undone myself. I realized that I am doing myself a disservice by adding more to my plate right now. I have to really take a step back and reevaluate my desires and goals and see what needs my attention now and what doesn't. I needed to return to my place of rest. I needed to map things out again in my WNB and see clearly the path that is currently in front of me. I have to acknowledge that I don't have to go everywhere that I am called right now. What is for me, is for me and I don't have to search anymore. I've put in the work and it is my harvest time, now my job is to rest and trust God's timing and process for my life.
For Your Writer's Notebook
What comes to your heart and mind when you think about "Resting" (Create a list)
Question of the day:
Can a butterfly return to its chrysalis?
5 Reasons to Rest written by Heather Davis Nelson
(While reading take notes of what speaks to you in your WNB. Be sure to use quotation marks to give credit to Heather.)
1. Rest is biblical. God ordained rest in the creative order of the universe. God who is omnipotent rested from all his work on the seventh day. Did God need to rest per se? Of course not, but God knew that we would need to rest, and so he built rest into creation’s order.
2. Rest fuels our ministry. Without time to be and abide, sitting at Jesus’ feet as Mary did, we cannot continue to pour out our lives in sacrificial service. We are finite, and we reach our limits quickly. Remembering that our most important spiritual work is to abide in the vine (John 15) frees us to rest in Jesus’ completed work for us and sink deeply into his infinite love for us.
3. Rest prevents burnout. Ministry burnout has physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental components. It’s the feeling of being depleted in every area, and needing radical rest to recover. The extreme rest needed to recover from burnout is almost impossible to find as wives, mothers, and ministry leaders. Wouldn’t it be better to take breaks along the way in order to prevent burnout?
4. Rest is a way to practice faith in God’s sovereignty. When I get too busy, my practical theology becomes, “If I don’t do this, it won’t get done.” It becomes quite humanistic, leaving the power of the Spirit out of the equation and forgetting that God is sovereign even over my limits. If the work I am doing is God’s work, it will not be hindered by my rest from it.
5. Rest reconnects us to our most important relationships. These are the relationships that fuel us – that refresh us. Before my husband and I took a sabbatical, we felt very disconnected from each other. As we rested together, we realized that we had been getting lost in doing and had forgotten to reconnect with one another – the only ones with whom we are connected by a vow. This is true if you are single, too, and I would dare say, even more true. When I was in ministry as a single woman in my 20s, rest was even more marginalized and I could get lost in the busyness of my life more easily, failing to take time with my friends and roommates.
Reflect & Take Action
What are some restful activities that you can do this week to reset your internal rhythm?
10/17/2018 0 Comments
What do you have?
The waiting season can sometimes push us into the trap where instead of focusing on our growth, we focus on our lack. However, God wants us to focus more on the things above instead of all the things that bring us low. He wants us to remember that each planted seed takes time to grow.
It's time to reflect & write
What resources are already available to you? How are you using those resources? Are you maximizing your gifts and talents?
What are you doing right now to make sure that the seeds that you planted will grow into a bountiful harvest?
Don't Ignore Your Possibilities!
10/15/2018 1 Comment
I regret not!
I've made many choices in my life, some can be classified as mistakes, some lessons learned, but none of them will be classified as mistakes. I am a life learner and I am being taught well by my life. Through each trial and tribulation, I am transforming into a hidden delight. Through the tears and the pain, the struggles and the strains, I am leaping into a place of betterment.
What comes to your heart and your mind when you think about regrets? Create a list.
READ & REFLECT
Regret nothing. Not the late nights you spend alone
in bed, dreaming of avoiding the world. Not the sad songs you listen to
just because you aren’t in a smiling mood. Not the friends you walked away from
praying for better ones or the real friends that cut you off because you were too in your head, don’t regret those.
Not the days where you pushed loved ones away and cried yourself to sleep, unfixable like a shattered mirror, confused on how to put the pieces back together.
You were meant to walk with your shadow
but you lag behind
you were meant to give everyone your love
but you forget to love yourself
you were meant to believe in the people that are sane
however, they are puppets
falling apart at the seams, but you stand tall with stitches that are not too clean nor seen.
You’ve traveled down this path many times before and still
you end up here. Regret none of it, not one of the wasted days you wanted to give up
when your forgotten dreams are the dreams that wake you up from the dead, loving them
for their disruption, not wanting to be seen.
You’ve traveled this far on the back of your depression,
riding with puffy, red, eyes and a shiver down your back but functioning like a bird
with a broken wing. You’re breathless since life doesn’t want you to breathe. Life isn’t just about your destiny. Relax. Don’t bother remembering any of it.
Just sit here, on this bed
in the dark, and close your eyes as time goes by.
Written by: Serenity Thompson
Time to Write- Choose your style